- Tom Striplin’s bid for county commissioner is the topic of this article in the Cumberland, MD, Times-News. Tom told us his AARC leadership experience helped prepare him for the race. “Serving in the House of Delegates and on the AARC Board of Directors helped me become a better public board member.”
- William Moore explains how sleep medicine has progressed over the past few decades in this article in the Steamboat Springs, CO, Pilot. “The science of sleep is still emerging, and we are still learning how important it is,” he was quoted as saying.
- Dana Oakes is noted for speaking at the upcoming Tri-State Pulmonary Care Conference in this article on the FOX-TV affiliate web site out of Sioux Falls, SD.
- Dan Adelmann comments on a new building housing allied health programs at his college in this article in the Coast Report out of Orange Coast College in California. “The new facilities will reflect what is currently going on in the real world and it’s just such a great accomplishment for our school,” he was quoted as saying.
- Kim Bailey is congratulated for receiving an honorable mention in a local Heroes competition in this articlein the Norwalk Reflector out of Ohio.
- Ron Jacobs is noted for an upcoming talk on his polysomnograpic technology program during Sleep Week in this article on readmedia.com. “Not only is the field of sleep study fascinating, but there is a growing need for qualified technicians in our area,” he was quoted as saying.
- Mike Sheehan is featured for his part time job as a DJ on his college campus in this article in The Quad out of West Chester University in Pennsylvania. (We’ll have more on Mike’s avocation in an upcoming issue of AARC Times.)
- Rae O’Leary comments on recently passed legislation in South Dakota allowing school children to carry their asthma inhalers at school in this press release on Newswise.com. “I believe by passing this bill, lives will be saved,” she was quoted as saying.
- Amanda Antor is featured for competing in a Biggest Loser contest being held on her college campus in this articlein the Orlando, FL, Sentinel. Amanda tells us she’s lost 30 pounds so far.
And here are the latest facilities to receive kudos for earning the AARC’s Quality Respiratory Care Recognition —
- Via Christi Home Medical Services in this article in the Wichita, KS, Eagle.
- Galion Community Hospital in this article in the Bucyrus, OH, Telegraph Forum.
- LaPorte Regional Health System in this article in the South Bend, IN, Tribune.
- Chambersburg Hospital in this article in the Chambersburg, PA, Public Opinion. “This designation identifies Chambersburg Hospital has a facility that uses qualified respiratory therapists to provide respiratory care,” notes Ray Barber.
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center and Cape Fear Hospital in this article on the WECT-TV web site out of Wilmington, NC.
- New Island Hospital in this article on NewsLI.com out of Long Island, NY.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital in this article in the Chippewa Herald out of the Chippewa Valley in Wisconsin.