Frank Salvatore Jr
Joseph Scott McCarthy
- Felix Khusid explains how a unique ventilator helped save the life of a baby at his hospital in this article in the facility’s annual report. Mom was so impressed with the care her daughter received she is now planning to enroll in RT school!
- Deb Pierce comments on smoking cessation in this article in the Battle Creek, MI, Enquirer. “Quitting smoking, no matter how long you have been indulging, does decrease your risk of smoking-related diseases, and it does improve your health as well as those around you,” she was quoted as saying.
- Frank Salvatore Jr. is noted for his election to the AARC Board of Directors in this article in the Danbury, CT, News Times.
- Joseph Scott McCarthy and his book on how to claim veteran’s benefits is the topic of this article in the Pittsburgh, PA, Post Gazette. Stay tuned to AARC Times for more on the book and why Joseph decided to write it.
- Patti Reilly is noted for speaking at a Mother’s Hour program in this article in the Salina, KS, Journal. While the talk was about parenting, the RT says she always tries to include a little information about respiratory care in any talk she gives.
- Megan Johnson comments on a new Health Science Center at her school in this article in The Oklahoman. “There’s so much more space,” she was quoted as saying. “It really looks like it does when you go to a hospital.”
- Crystal Mabe is pictured in this article about overcrowding in the ED in North Carolina’s Business Journal of the Greater Triad Area. ED visits were up 3% at area hospitals last year.
- Tyler Britton, who is a member of a CCATT in Afghanistan, is featured for his extensive collection of Dr. Seuss books and art in this article in the Ellsworth, KS, Reporter.
- Paul Schroeder is noted for presenting a program on exercises that can help people with respiratory problems in this article on the NJ TODAY web site.
- Carol Baglia talks about the advantages of the Buteyko breathing method for people with asthma in this article in the Cleveland, OH, Plain Dealer. “You can’t possibly have an asthma attack when you’re breathing this way,” she said about the slow, shallow breathing technique.
And two hospitals have already received great press for earning Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. The annual enrollment/reenrollment period got under way Jan. 1 and runs through Mar. 31.
- Salem Township Hospital and staff members Chris Jahn and Crystal Dunn receive kudos in this article on the WJBD radio web site out of Salem Township, IL.
- MedCentral Mansfield Hospital is noted in this article on the WMFD-TV web site in Mansfield, OH.