AARC is a Partner in the Year of the Lung initiative. We have joined in a movement with other pulmonary organizations around the world in one mission: to educate and promote lung care initiatives.
October—National Respiratory Care Week
We’ve been giving you great ideas to mark the International Year of the Lung for months now, but October provides a special opportunity you won’t want to miss.
As the key professionals charged with the hands-on care and treatment of people with lung conditions, there is no better time than our National Respiratory Care Week for you to blow your own horn about your contributions and accomplishments!
RC Week is officially taking place Oct. 24–30, but you don’t have to wait till the 24th to let your community—and local media outlets—know about the week and what it means to people in our profession. So team RC Week up with the Year of the Lung and let the celebrations begin!
- Everything you need to plan a week’s worth of great activities is right here our RC Week pages. Featured events range from the DRIVE4COPD campaign to the Vent 5K Race to World Spirometry Day on Oct. 14. You can even send your friends and colleagues a special RC Week eCard to commemorate the event.
- Looking for promotional items to celebrate the week? You can find lots of great stuff in our online Respiratory Catalog, including our 2010 official “Inspire” t-shirts.
- Take advantage of our tips and tools for media relations to let your local newspapers and TV and radio stations know what you’re doing to mark your national week.
- Email a brief synopsis of your RC Week activities, plus 1-2 photos, to AARC Times staff writer, Debbie Bunch. Then stay tuned to the AARC website for a roundup.
- Snap a picture of yourself wearing your “Inspire” t-shirt while visiting a local landmark and email it, along with your name and the location of the landmark, to our marketing director, Dale Griffiths. (Go here to see how one member has already done it.)
Back to Year of the Lung introduction