Cross Cultural Health Care Case Studies
- This web-based continuing
education course is approved for FIVE HOURS of CRCE credit.
- $25 for AARC members; $50 for non-members
Respiratory therapists work with patients from all walks of life. Understanding the issues and cultural differences that may impact the health and wellness of those patients is an important aspect to their care.
This is an innovative and interactive online independent study that explores issues of cultural competence, making the concepts real through case stories. The offering consists of a series of six tutorials in cultural competence, aimed at familiarizing health care providers with common issues that arise while working with people of diverse cultures.
Each tutorial consists of the following:
- A home page to introduce the topic and define concepts
- A case story to illustrate the topic
- A multimedia lecture about the topic and
- A series of learning activities to engage learners in applying concepts to the case story.
To obtain your credit for this course, please:
- Register to take the test.
- View the course. You may view the course without registering if you do not wish to receive CRCE credit.
- Flash Player version 6 or higher
- A sound card and speakers
- A Java-enabled browser such as Internet Explorer 6 or newer, FireFox, Safari, or Netscape Navigator 7.1
- Windows or Mac OS X